2021 Polestar 2 Brake Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxtempt@tion

Reaction score
I was out for a business trip for 2 weeks and when I got home and used it, there’s like a soft-like feeling idk how to describe but something soft when I step on the brakes (really different than iit should be) and I smelled a burnt odor, a really unusual odor. I went out and noticed that my rear brakes were insanely hot. That's why it had this burning-like odor. Tried cleaning and lubricating the brake calipers to solve the problem and one thing I noticed is there’s a slight uneven wear on the pads. I was wondering why it happened since I only use this car like 4 times a month. Why so fast? Anyone else having this issue? How did you fix it?

That could be due to a few reasons, such as brake dragging, sticking calipers or uneven pressure. I would have the brakes inspected by a mechanic to diagnose and fix the issue properly.

My brakes get funky too when it's wet. But a bit of driving fixes them. They stick worse after heavy rains. But no worries, the brakes and rotors look alright.

Join the Polestar Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back