Heatwave Tested: Polestar 2 Holding Strong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakOTO1991

Reaction score
I've had the opportunity to drive my Polestar through some pretty extreme heat recently, especially with the heatwave we're experiencing here in California. I'm pleased to report that my Polestar has performed admirably!

Here's a screenshot from yesterday that shows the temperature when I was driving:

Despite the heat, there has been no noticeable effect on performance. Efficiency has remained consistent, and the AC has done an excellent job of keeping the cabin cool. When the temperature rises above 100°F, the cooling fan kicks in to keep the battery cool, which is completely normal. A few weeks ago, I drove about 975 miles over four days in temperatures ranging from 92°F to 106°F, often at speeds of up to 80-90 mph—and the car never faltered.

For reference, I am driving a Polestar 2 - Dual Motors - Void with the Performance Upgrade (476 HP/502 ft-lbs torque).
Also in the garage are the Toyota Sienna, the Hyundai Ioniq 5, and the Tesla Model Y Long Range.

Man, it’s been a scorcher out there lately! But my car? Total MVP. The AC is still blasting that sweet, cold air! And let me tell you, the ceramic tinting I slapped on all the windows - yeah, even the front - has been a game changer. It’s really helped keep things chill in there. Seriously, it’s been smooth cruising even when the sun’s trying to roast us alive!

Join the Polestar Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back