My Broken Door lock Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_Carter

Reaction score
Yesterday morning my wife was driving my 2022 P2 Dual Motor and the driver's door refused to open from either inside or outside.

I have noticed this a while now that it had been locking us out but would open again if locked and I waited for the deadlocks to engage and then open. But my wife's experience yesterday was different, and the door just refused to open.

We managed to get it to a Polestar dealer and got the car back the same yesterday and a new lock was fitted. They said that the lock had failed which caused the car to think it was still active. They said that another Polestar had come in last week with a similar problem on the rear door but that had then fried the 12v battery. Crazy!

Has anyone had this experience?

Yeah, that's really crazy, indeed. At least your 12v battery is intact.
Did they say why the lock has failed?
I hope your wife didn't get scared.
She wasn;t, it seems she saw the day coming. She always knew the door would one day give up on us :ROFLMAO:

The dealer said the door lock mechanism malfunctioned due to a failure in the locking system. And yeah the battery is okay

Join the Polestar Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back