Real-World Winter Range for the 2024 DMLR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeane_0919

Reaction score
Simply wanted to share my experience for anyone else interested in winter performance! Temperatures here in Minnesota have been hovering between -5 and 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Tracking my energy consumption in my 2024 DMLR with the Plus and Pilot packages and 19" wheels has been interesting. I am seeing a consumption of roughly 50 to 52 kWh per 100 miles at roughly 70 mph with the heat set to 72 degrees, the fan just below max, and the seat and steering wheel heaters turned on full.

On a full battery, then, you should expect roughly 140–150 miles of range for those driving in comparable frigid temperatures. On shorter trips—such as five-mile runs with a cold-soaked battery—consumption spikes to 65-70 kWh per 100 miles, though.

Stay warm, everyone! I would be happy to hear any winter driving advice or personal experience you have!

Simply wanted to share my experience for anyone else interested in winter performance! Temperatures here in Minnesota have been hovering between -5 and 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Tracking my energy consumption in my 2024 DMLR with the Plus and Pilot packages and 19" wheels has been interesting. I am seeing a consumption of roughly 50 to 52 kWh per 100 miles at roughly 70 mph with the heat set to 72 degrees, the fan just below max, and the seat and steering wheel heaters turned on full.

On a full battery, then, you should expect roughly 140–150 miles of range for those driving in comparable frigid temperatures. On shorter trips—such as five-mile runs with a cold-soaked battery—consumption spikes to 65-70 kWh per 100 miles, though.

Stay warm, everyone! I would be happy to hear any winter driving advice or personal experience you have!
In freezing temp, I get about 217 miles of range with a full battery at 75mph on the highway. My battery mostly stays cold even after an hour of driving, I guess the heat pump helps, but I usually keep it in eco mode.

In mild weather (around 15°C or 59°F), I typically drive at 110 km/h (68 mph) on highways. I cannot recall the exact fuel consumption to the decimal point. My range calculations are based on an 82-kWh battery capacity.

During cold weather, I keep the temperature at 18°C (64°F) and primarily use Eco mode. Here's my consumption information:

Cold Weather Mixed: 17 kWh/100km = 482 km (3.5 miles/kWh = 299.5 mi)
Cold Weather Highway: 19 kWh/100km = 431 km (3.27 mi/kWh = 267.8 mi)

Join the Polestar Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back