Unlocking Dyno mode on a Tesla Model Y

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeAkashi

Reaction score
I've finally figured out how to activate Dyno Mode on my Tesla Model Y! It's a bit hidden, but with some trial and error, I got it working.

Here's the process:
Make sure you're in the car with it powered off, no pedals pressed, and the full keyfob in hand.
Stage One: Turn the light switch to "0," press the hazard switch once, press and hold the brake pedal, press the hazard switch again, turn the light switch to "Auto," and release the brake pedal.
Stage Two: Push the left stalk forward twice, press the unlock button on the keyfob, press and hold the brake pedal, and click the hazard switch twice.

The car will then ask you to confirm Dyno Mode and provide warnings about disabled safety features.

Important things to consider:
Dyno Mode is intended for dyno use only and disables safety features.
Use this mode at your own risk and avoid using it on public roads.
To deactivate, press the hazard switch twice.
I've tested this on a MY24 LRDM Performance Pack, but it should work on other Model Y models as well.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm curious to hear your experiences and if you've noticed any performance differences in Dyno Mode.

I think many would be happy to find this and read it. Awesome work figuring out how to activate Dyno Mode, btw. Even if it sounds like a fun feature for performance testing, I haven’t tried it myself (yet)
I bet the detailed steps would help many on this forum. What was the most challenging thing during the process? Are there any risks when you do it by yourself?

Join the Polestar Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back