Do Brake Lights Activate During P2 Regenerative Braking? Looking for Answers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CulGan_22

Reaction score
I came across an interesting discussion in another EV forum about how the brake lights work when you’re using regenerative braking, especially when it slows the car down or brings it to a complete stop without touching the brake pedal.

So here’s what I’m wondering: If we’re only using regenerative braking, at what point (if ever) do the brake lights come on in the P2?

I’m a bit concerned about the possibility of getting rear-ended because the cars behind us might not realize we’re slowing down or stopping if we’re not actually pressing the brake pedal.

I know there are different standards for stop light signaling in Europe and North America, but they don’t always match up perfectly. Apparently, manufacturers have their own ways of handling this, so even if they meet the rules, the brake lights might not behave the same in similar situations.

THE BIG QUESTION: Does anyone here with a P2 know exactly how the brake lights work under different levels of deceleration? I’m looking for actual experiences or tests, not just guesses or opinions.

Remember, those are brake lights, not brake pedal lights. They kick on when the car's braking, no matter if you’re still chilling on the pedal or not. Even ICE vehicles slow down a bit when you lift off the gas, and guess what? You don’t see a whole lot of bumper-to-bumper action because of that! So no worries!

Join the Polestar Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back