Polestar 2 slip and slide due to traction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EbouDAR

Reaction score
A bit of a scare this morning driving my Polestar 2 on a damp road. The car slipped a little and swerved to the left. I'm wondering if there might have been some ice I didn't see. Has anyone else experienced this with their Polestar 2? Any tips for driving safely in cold weather conditions?

Hm, weird! Go check the place again and see if there was any ice, haha! I am joking! I don't know what to say about your Polestar 2. I have never experienced that. Though, these tips might help you:
- just check the tire pressure whenever you want to go for a long drive... cold weather reduces tire pressure (this can affect grip and handling);
- when you feel like the conditions are not favorable for the car, switch the one-pedal driving feature to a lower regenerative braking setting or turn it off (I presume you use Polestar's one-pedal-driving feature);
- and keep an eye on the weather. If you feel it is cold outside, then pay more attention when you drive.

If this happens again, then it might be the car's fault...

Join the Polestar Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back