Knocking noise on my P2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_Carter

Reaction score
I noticed a knocking noise on my P2 with standard suspension. It is a literal knock sound from the front left especially when I bump into shallow potholes. If the hole has a sharp edge it would cause a rapid unloading of the suspension.

Basically, the car makes a lot of noise in rough potholes. I have 3 cars currently, and I have used a Nissan Leaf which was a much smoother EV and had a softer suspension. I have had a dealer take a look at it, and they even replaced the front brake discs and pads, but the damn noise is still there!

I am guessing since the brake disc replacement did not fix it, then it is a manufacturer issue. Anyone with similar experience?

I used to hear a similar knocking noise from the front left after installing lowering springs and freaked out, thinking I messed up. Turns out, it was just a misaligned hood catch, and after adjusting it, the noise got way better. Still suspect a bad strut bearing, though. Since I went aftermarket, I doubt the dealer will help, so I’ll probably have to grab a new bearing myself. The noise only pops up on shallow bumps, like washboard roads, but it’s still annoying!

I noticed a knocking noise on my P2 with standard suspension. It is a literal knock sound from the front left especially when I bump into shallow potholes. If the hole has a sharp edge it would cause a rapid unloading of the suspension.

Basically, the car makes a lot of noise in rough potholes. I have 3 cars currently, and I have used a Nissan Leaf which was a much smoother EV and had a softer suspension. I have had a dealer take a look at it, and they even replaced the front brake discs and pads, but the damn noise is still there!

I am guessing since the brake disc replacement did not fix it, then it is a manufacturer issue. Anyone with similar experience?
I have this exact experience on my driver side (front), I didn't really think it is a big issue, I probably need to get it checked.

Join the Polestar Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back